Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tornado...minor event.

NOT!  Tornados are kinda scary! We had 3 rip through Southern Georgia yesterday around 7 O'clock. WHOA!

Heres the deal. I was driving home when my phone started going crazy. When I got to the stop light I looked to see what the deal was it was an alert that said "All Gwinnett county residence, a tornado warning has been issued please take cover immediately" I got a little excited! I love adventure its fun to have something wild happen as long as no one gets hurt! So I called Shaun to see if he got the alert and he told me he was just going to run at work and would be fine because thats actually where the company has the employees head in a emergency like this. But he wanted to know where i was going to go, I just figured I'd head up to the apartment. sure its on the 3rd floor of our apartment building with lots of windows and nothing to hide under in case evil twister does come to see us but... I was really tired and I didn't really know where else to go.  I headed up plopped down on the couch and turned on the news. For about 5 minutes the were really freaking me out but then all the sudden the warnings stopped for our area and we were just told to stay inside because of hail and sever thunderstorms but down south needed to get to shelter immediately because there was a tornado that would probably be touching down at any second. WHOA!

It was pretty wild and I guess at least one death which is so sad. It's wild here, it can go from sunny and warm to tornado in seconds. Geesh. So much for a warning!

Here's a couple pictures of the damage down south.



Crazy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment